Sunday, May 12, 2013

UDK, Blender 2.66 and The GIMP

These are the tools I am using to create assets for my first Video Game.  I'm not going to fall into the trap of creating a Unreal Tournament clone, or even another Jazz Jackrabbit (though I did enjoy those games quite a bit).  The world doesn't need more shooters or more running games, what I want to do is mix an classic PC type RPG using weapons and armor pieces and maybe even magic, with a an old school River City Rampage style Beat 'Em Up.

I realize that these two genre's have been put together before, and I also realize that like the Shmup before it, the Beat Em Up is primarily a 2D game, but that's kind of my point, why not render in 3D even if it's only 2D or limited 3D movement anyway.  I will be adding to this later, so keep checking in from time to time.

No comments: