This has got to be the slowest bloody part of making a video game.... What on earth could have posessed me to think that after only a couple oblivion mods and skyrim mods I was ready to make a game from scratch? UDK is nothing like Creation Kit, it reminds me very much of the old UnrealEd from Unreal Tournament. Ugh how I hated that thing. I never knew how to use it, the help file was nearly useless, and I didn't even know how the units worked. How anybody was able to use that thing to make such awesome looking levels was way beyond me. Granted, I was never much of an artist, what I put on the canvas was never quite the same as what was in my head. And for some reason I could never get it to look the same as what I wanted. Frustrating... I've since tried to learn both patience and acceptance when it comes to drawing.... I know now that I will never be able to draw something exactly how it looks in my head. Some call this giving up.
Any way on to what sort of content I am creating.... This week I was working on the player model, nothing fancy just a placeholder for testing purposes, but I can't seem to rig the thing. I apply the childOF modifier to an arm and it jumps out of place, and I just don't know what is going on. I will get it but this sort of stuff shouldn't take so long.
No comments:
Post a Comment