Well It's been fun seeing yet another Ubuntu on my gaming computer, but I just can't use it for gaming. Wine isn't working well on my current video card, and GameDrift sucks for support. I sent an e-mail 3 days ago asking if there was any reason why sound shouldn't work on crossover and wine. No response, so I'm shirking this linux in favour of my old winXP install. Luckily I had the foresight to make a back up of my hard drive before switching to GameDrift. Unluckily I didn't have a working BartPE with DriveImage XML on it until today. It took me a few tries , but it'll work now. I used UBCD4Win, which I had to build using a VBOX hdd image I keep on my external for just such occasions. long story short I had to add the following lines into dixml.inf
Normaliz.dll=2,,4
iertutil.dll=2,,4
This made driveimage XML work perfectly on my test VBOX session, and so now I am burning it to DVD and rebooting into windows to copy my back up onto my current internal hard drive.
Soon I will have a new video card, and after I install it I'm making the machine dual boot Windows XP and the proper Ubuntu 10.10 (because I hate 11.04 on a desktop).
No comments:
Post a Comment