So first day I get home and no pain killers. My girlfriend had asked that the get delivered since it was only going to take 45 minutes anyway. Well they were wrong and I didn't get my pills until 4 hours later. Now 4 hours back from the hospital, after surgery, no pain killers is not a very fun time. Ok, so it wasn't home it was my parent's house because the doctor said I shouldn't be alone with all those pain killers in my body.
Second day, I have a swollen testicle. Just one, and it hurts. Tylenol 3 with codeine and caffeine are doing absolutely nothing for me, the pain is still there. The cut hurts, the swelling hurts and I can't believe how much it hurts when I stand. I spend most of my day sitting in an easy chair at my parent's house, coddling my giant gut with an ice pack, and wishing I wasn't so constipated. It was so painful. Luckily I was able to sneak a nap in and that got rid of some of my pain. I had been taking T3s all along as ordered, 2 in the morning at 8, 1 every 4 hours after that until midnight before bed when I took 2 to sleep with. All day I was twitching too. My back twitched and my gut twitched.
Day 3, I took two extra strength acetaminophen (500mg) when I woke up, and then no painkillers after that. Felt miles better that day. My side didn't feel like it was bruised anymore and I could breathe without wincing. Also my back stopped twitching all the time and only twitched when I hurt the front of me. The swelling still hadn't gone down, but a nap in the middle of the day really helped.
Day 4: Now this is today and I've been up and about quite a bit. Last night I re-heated my own dinner, and this morning i served myself some cereal. Now this might not sound like much of a triumph to some people, but for the last 3 days I hadn't cooked at all. That's like torture to someone like me. Anyway I will be going to my nephew's first birthday party tonight, and I hope to be wearing something more than pajamas to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment